Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

First tier tribunal decision

Options
joey1990000
joey1990000 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
Basically I want to know if anyone has won pip appeal at tribunal and then the dwp appealed their decision is it common ? And if anyone has been through this any help would be much appreciated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,114 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They sometimes request the statement of reasons but rarely appeal it. If they request it, it doesn't mean they are appealing it. They need to find the error in law before they can do this.

In your previous you said they'd already asked you if you've been in prison or hospital (see thread) https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/102867/pip-help-please#latest as advised on that thread, those are the questions they ask before making payment. It's unlikely they will request the SOR now. Once payment is made it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • joey1990000
    joey1990000 Community member Posts: 37 Listener
    Options
    Yes they didn’t ring me poppy I rang them to see if they had received the tribunals decision which they said they have and then asked me the questions about hospital etc then said it’s with appeals decision maker so weren’t sure if they were asking for sor 
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 11,210 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have seen a vlogger who I have watched won her Pip tribunal for her first one: here's the link if anyone wants to watch it. https://youtube.com/watch?v=o1_umPRLr48&feature=shares
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.