Dating — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dating

Darce21
Darce21 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi everyone I’m 21 years old and have mild cerebral palsy, I’d like to get myself out there and hope it meet someone, I was just wondering if anyone knows of dating apps or any local events that are good for meeting disabled young adults? 
Thank you! 

Comments

• Leo_Aces
    Leo_Aces Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Hey @Darce21, how are you today? Thanks for sharing 😁
    I’m wondering how you may like to meet somebody? What kind of activities do you enjoy?
    There are quite a few apps and sites out there. Have you looked or tried any yet?
    Sorry for all the questions! If you would like some dating app/sites recommendations, I’m happy to help 

♠️Community Volunteer Advisor ♠️

I’m a Speaker and Life Coach.

I have professional knowledge of Gender Identity & Sexuality  

I coach people with all abilities to guide them to realise their potential and feel empowered 

My background is Person Centred and Transactional therapy 

➡️Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.⬅️

• Darce21
    Darce21 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hey @Leo_Aces
    I’m good thanks how are you? 
    Thanks for getting back to me! 
    I don’t mind how I meet someone,
    weather it’s online or not, I’ve tried tinder and badoo, had no
    luck. 
    any recommendations would be helpful thank you! 

• Leo_Aces
    Leo_Aces Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Hey @Darce21, I’m good thanks.
    Cool, I definitely think finding activities and communities either online or in person, is a good way to start meeting like minded people,

Regarding sites and apps, 
    Taimi- it says that it’s mainly for the LGBTQIA+ community but also users seem quite open minded around Disability https://taimi.com/

Facebook Dating is now growing in popularity and there’s the option to make friends too

I’ve found Tinder and Match can be a little hit and miss 

♠️Community Volunteer Advisor ♠️

I’m a Speaker and Life Coach.

I have professional knowledge of Gender Identity & Sexuality  

I coach people with all abilities to guide them to realise their potential and feel empowered 

My background is Person Centred and Transactional therapy 

➡️Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.⬅️

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for your kindness @hotstuff. We hope you are having a nice weekend too  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • dylan89
    dylan89 Community member Posts: 25 Listener
    I’m looking for a dating agency for people with disabilities in wales as I have learning and I have used tinder and badoo before just full of scammers on there so I prefer not to use any dating apps I rather use dating agencies which is safer I’ve been single for to long about time I find someone now 
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,316 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you enquired if any of your local community clubs having date nights @dylan89
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • dylan89
    dylan89 Community member Posts: 25 Listener
    @Hannah_scope I have there’s nothing locally or nearby at the moment 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh no @dylan89 - hopefully soon  :( Eventbrite is, generally, a good place to see what is happening in your local area too  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.