There is no escape — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

There is no escape

Options
KR96
KR96 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I need to move away from this place so I can begin to properly heal. (I've tried doing it trust me) but it's been over a decade and I'm just worse. I suffer from chronic and mental illnesses. Pretty sure the stress on my body from being constantly anxious has made my symptoms worse. 
Not going to bother going into detail as to why its a struggle to be able to move. We all know as a disabled person you're basically regarded as worthless scum by society nobody will rent to u. And council housing u can only get in the area you already live ... which is pointless for me I'd still be stuck exact same position getting worse and worse and becoming more withdrawn and isolated until I finally **** kill myself.
There's nothing I can do. I'm trapped and don't see the point in life. I hope I die 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hey @KR96. I would just like to say a warm welcome.

You have been really brave reaching out to us, I can hear much you are struggling with your mental health at the moment and need to move away to heal.

Have you got the support you need and deserve in place to help with your mental health at the moment? We value you and are here for you, even if you just want us to listen to you. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for replying to our emails earlier this week @KR96, I hope you're finding the community to be a helpful and supportive place. 

If there's anything further we can do to support you, please let us know.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.