Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Agenesis of the Corpus Collosum

Options
accbabymom
accbabymom Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hiya! My son has Agenesis of the Corpus Collosum. I was wondering if anyone else had it and what was their experience with it ? My son has speech delay and his understanding is a few months behind, but other than that he is well. I have found it hard as it was very difficult caring for him first few years. I breastfed him for 2 years, he had colic , he had sudden temper and it was very difficult figuring out how to control his anger . I ended up having post partum depression and nearly committed suicide. But he is nearly 4 and a lot easier to handle. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,386 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good morning @accbabymom,
    It sounds like you've faced some challenges during the first few years of his life!

Caring for a child with complex needs can be difficult at times, if not overwhelming. While I can't speak from personal experience about caring for a child with Agenesis of the Corpus Collosum, all three of my kids have had speech delay, colic (as well as a range of other conditions) and their early years were rarely smooth sailing. That can take a toll on your own mental health and I know it did on mine, so I really hope you're getting some support for yourself at this point in time.

Can I ask if you have much of a support network around you at the moment and are medical professionals in your life aware of your past struggles with your mental health?
    Community Manager
    Scope
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.