Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

introduction !

Options
justletmegotosleep
justletmegotosleep Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi everyone ! please call me kai. i’m 17 & use they/them. i was diagnosed as being autistic at age 12, as well as depression & anxiety. i’ve been taking medication for them (ssris / antidepressants) ever since, and have been in & out of therapy / counselling.

i also suspect that i could have c-ptsd and a/rfid, but please bear in mind i am not diagnosed nor am i saying that self-diagnosis is the same as a professional opinion. i’m not sure i have depression / anxiety, i think they could be an extension of my trauma.

as far as “disability” goes, i tend to not refer to myself as “disabled”. it’s a personal choice, because even though i’m not exactly abled, i think of my experiences as more as… a failing of my social network to support me, rather than anything inherently medical.

nice to meet you ! i hope we can have nice chats about navigating the world together !

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.