Benefit Changes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefit Changes

Options
CatLyn64
CatLyn64 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hello everyone - does anyone out there have the same worries as myself regarding the upcoming changes regarding disability benefits/capability to work?   I am really concerned!!    I am post pancreatic cancer, treatment(s) etc.....       will this new assessment trying to place every claim either new or existing under one huge umbrella really help???  I think its a terrible situation!!!!    I seriously feel I am being penalised for becoming unwell and unable to work      worked all my adult life  now I need support and help not more worries and anxieties       is there anyone out there feeling thr same?
Kind Regards
CatLyn

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,122 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Please try not to worry. These changes, if they do happen, won't be until 2026/7 at the earliest; some not until 2029. I know some people are feeling concerned, but nothing's set in stone, so worrying over something that may never happen really won't help anyone. :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Plans for benefits changes have happened so slowly that year on they still haven't happened for some people, luckily I will get my state pension in two years, but I can understand the worry for some.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hello there @CatLyn64 you're certainly not the first to post their concerns about the recent announcements in the white paper and budget from the government. 

As our members have said, any changes will take years to come into effect, if they happen at all, as don't forget there's a general election looming. These proposals may well be scrapped entirely if there's a change in government. 

I appreciate there's a lot of uncertainty around what these changes might mean for us, and it can be unsettling, so if we can support you further in any way please do ask :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • CatLyn64
    Options
    Thankyou for the reply snd reassurances - whatever happens regarding new proposals now & in the future will no doubt about it cause  upset & further complications to receive sny help - resources are being depleted all the time?!        This country is hell for the john/jane commoner...... snyway many thanks for your reply
    CstLyn
  • CatLyn64
    Options
    And apologies for typos

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.