Blue badge assessment update

Options
Tina12
Tina12 Community member Posts: 175 Empowering
Hi all good morning,
Just to say I had my blue badge assessment on Wednesday the 12th of April it wasn't early  nine am assessment which I am glad about on the arrival there was no one to create me as the letter said lol but went in to reception no one even asked me for ID so I showed them the letter that I have a blue badge assessment this morning that was it they just said cool take a seat I'll let them know, I got there early about 20 mins to 9am.. weighted about half an hour for the assessor to arrive then she called me in told me to take a seat ask me a couple of questions then took me to another room to see how I am walking for about five minutes and that was it all in all it took about 15 minutes.. even said I have more documents and stuff for you to see but she wasn't interested in that and was quite abrupt she seemed to want to get the process done as quick as possible was even yawning in a couple of times,
And said she needed a coffee... And that was it.. well considering all the stuff I have seen about blue badge online assessments online and the procedure it was nothing like that at all.. I was upset because I wanted her to hear me speak more about how it affected me but that was a no no she was to yawn tired to even bother 😔🤔

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,295 Championing
    Options
    Sorry to hear she didn't have the best attitude. It doesn't take much to be friendly towards people.
    Were you successful or do you have to wait for the decision now? I'm not familiar with BB assessments because i've automatically qualified for the past 10 years or so.
  • Tina12
    Options
    Hi Poppy thankyou and exactly it doesn't take much to be polite and to listen.. no I don't know yet as I have to wait to see if I'm successful or not she said I will hear in a couple of weeks and that was it 🤷🤦
  • bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 238 Empowering
    Options
    Tina12 said:
    Hi Poppy thankyou and exactly it doesn't take much to be polite and to listen.. no I don't know yet as I have to wait to see if I'm successful or not she said I will hear in a couple of weeks and that was it 🤷🤦
    How long did it take from when you applied to when you got your assesment
  • 2oldcodgers
    2oldcodgers Posts: 743 Connected
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Sorry to hear she didn't have the best attitude. It doesn't take much to be friendly towards people.
    Were you successful or do you have to wait for the decision now? I'm not familiar with BB assessments because i've automatically qualified for the past 10 years or so.
    Likewise, both DLA in the past and now PIP until 2029.
    But ironically my wife who is totally crippled by arthritis and that it is me that has to help her get to places cannot have a BB simply because she receives the day and night award of Attendance Allowance.
    She has tried multiple times and has had multiple assessments but each time they come back to her saying that she is not disabled enough! Seems weird to me as of the two of us I am far fitter than she is when trying to walk and get about.
  • Tina12
    Options
    @bobby123 hi.. it took about 5 weeks in all  and I have the blue badge assessment on Wednesday the 12th of April now waiting to see if I'm successful or not 
  • Tina12
    Options
    @2oldcodgers Iam sorry to hear about your wife not getting the blue badge after all those assessments that truly is awful the system is so wrong.. don't understand how they work things out anymore I know someone who has a blue badge and goes for miles and miles of walks with her husband I say like to keep fit and drive as well and apparently suffers from a sleep disorder but has a blue badge well if you suffer with sleeping disorder how are you able to drive and so on it really confuses me how they work things out 🤔
  • 2oldcodgers
    Options
    Tina12 said:
    @2oldcodgers Iam sorry to hear about your wife not getting the blue badge after all those assessments that truly is awful the system is so wrong.. don't understand how they work things out anymore I know someone who has a blue badge and goes for miles and miles of walks with her husband I say like to keep fit and drive as well and apparently suffers from a sleep disorder but has a blue badge well if you suffer with sleeping disorder how are you able to drive and so on it really confuses me how they work things out 🤔
    I agree but I did miss out from my post what you should have in place if you can't get a BB down the DLA/PIP route. Our council told me that she should have had a Care Needs Assessment from Social Services and use either a wheelchair or walking frame. Sticks and crutches are not relevant.
  • Tina12
    Options
    @2oldcodgers.. That's terrible to have to go through all that when your wife is suffering so much as they can surely see when you apply for pip.. did you apply for care needs assistance or pip assessment again ?? 
  • 2oldcodgers
    Options
    Tina12 said:
    @2oldcodgers.. That's terrible to have to go through all that when your wife is suffering so much as they can surely see when you apply for pip.. did you apply for care needs assistance or pip assessment again ?? 
    At 78 she is far too old to claim PIP. She does have the highest rate of Attendance Allowance primarily because of the lack of mobility but they will not accept that as evidence. It's either DLA or PIP nothing else.
    Yes I have asked for a care needs assessment but Social Services cannot tell me when that can be carried out - they quoted a minimum of 6 months time but could be longer.