LCWRA Backdated. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA Backdated.

Options
rebecca1
rebecca1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited April 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, i recently got awarded LCWRA and i was wondering if i could get some help about backdated payment.
Back in November 2018 i got asked to do a WCA but i failed to attend the meeting and they told me they would rebook the appointment but after that they sent a letter saying that i was "fit for work", and then recently they asked me to do another wca and i got awarded LCWRA, my health condition didn't change but i did ask for a mandatory reconsideration on my whole claim and after i won that they asked me to do another work capability assessment.  

Ive got sicknotes from 20th of April 2018 until 31st of May 2023 without any gaps.
My assessment days are 19th to 18th with payment on the 25th.
Tagged:

Comments

• rebecca1
    Options
    I forgot to write…

My main question is will I get money backdated and would it be back to 2018? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Based on the information you gave your waiting period will be May to Aug 2018 and LCWRA element starts from AP Aug 19th to Sept 18th and first payment will be 25th Sept 2018.

If you reported your health condition the day before you sent your first fit note then your first payment will be 25th Aug 2018.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rebecca1
    Options
    Hi, I’ve spoke to uc today and they are saying I’m not entitled to any back payments because my assessment period started in November 2022… 
    my most recent fit note is from November 2021 until May 2023 and I’ve been on uc since 2018 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Was this your first work capability assessment or did you have one previously to this? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • rebecca1
    Options
    I had one back on 2018 but I didn’t attend the assessment and they told me they’d make a new appointment for me which they never did until January 2023
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then you will need to tell them this. Do you have proof of needing another assessment on your journal?
  • rebecca1
    Options
    Yes, they messaged on my journal telling me they’d get me a new appointment back in 2018 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.