Hi, my name is ness60! recently taken the assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is ness60! recently taken the assessment

Options
ness60
ness60 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited April 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, 
I have recently taken the assessment and received a letter saying I had been assessed as LCWRA. I asked in my journal if my first fit note in October counted towards the three months. The reply I received was that I was in the LCA and that no extra payment was due. I have read again and can’t find anywhere that mentions LCW. Any ideas please?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,626 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Are you 100% sure the decision was Limited Capability for work related activity (LCWRA) or was it just Limited Capability for Work (LCW)? 
    If it was LCWRA did you previously have LCW? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ness60
    Options
    Hi,
    the letter states LCWRA, I was signed off thru fit notes since October and was told I would need an assessment but don’t think or remember any LCW. I did the assessment and letter came back as LCWRA. Bit as mentioned, the dwp have said I’m classed as LCW but thought this would be what was said on letter?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If the decision letter says LCWRA then that’s what it is. 

There’s a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th after you reported your health condition/ sent your first fit note.

With the limited information you gave your first payment will be either Feb or March. 

When it’s paid from exactly will depend on what date you sent your first fit note and what date you usually receive your money each month. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ness60
    Options
    Thank you, so the agent that posted that I wouldn’t get any increase to UC was incorrect. I wonder where she got LCW from?
    I have asked why it states LCWRA on letter when she says low rate lcw. Have asked in journal so will see what comes back tomorrow.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    The only time you wouldn't receive the extra money is if you're claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
    There's no such thing as low rate LCW. It's either LCW with no extra money or LCWRA with extra money.
  • ness60
    Options
    Good morning,
    the letter stating I qualified for LWCRA has disappeared from my journal and one saying I qualify for LCW has appeared. I have asked them to check and inform me how many points I scored and to see a copy of my report. Is this the right way to go about clarity on this?
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2023
    Options
    You don't score any points when found to have LCWRA because it's not about points. It's about meeting at least one of the LCWRA descriptors the majority of the time.
    Points refer to LCW.
    The assessment report shouldn't be relied on because it's just a recommendation and not the actual decision.
    I would put a message onto your journal and ask why the first decision letter has been replaced by a new one.
  • ness60
    Options
    Thank you for responding, I have asked this and waiting to hear back.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How are you feeling about the wait at the moment @ness60? Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.