If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Change of circumstance creating overpayment DLA??

Options
Timbo
Timbo Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My son had a long award for DLA but his care needs decreased so I reported a change of circumstances. It's taken a very very long time to be done and was decreased from high care to low and now they are saying I've been overpaid and need to pay the difference. I told them about the change it's not my fault it's taken them so long to do it, is this right?

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 5,001 Championing
    Options
    Sorry no real advice for you @timbo just wanted to how how much that sucks <3

I've always worried about this with reviews but they don't usually backdate the decision, it seems really unfair if you reported the change!!! I didn't know they could do that! Is it a large amount? Also do you agree with new decision?
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,911 Championing
    Options
    Hello @timbo

Have you reached out to Citizen's Advice? or heard anything back from DLA?
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.