Please help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please help

Options
dolphins7
dolphins7 Community member Posts: 42 Listener
I got a journal note on UC today telling me i have a telephone interview on monday im in the lcwa group have waited 3 months to be approved they said in the journsl they want to check im getting the correct ammount UC i have serious PTSD and been diagnosed and have applied for pip my daughter helped me write a journal not stating this she wrote this for me also i have just had panic attacks thinking about it so soon and the wait for pip im suicidal with all this stress added to my illnesses

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,910 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did you first claim UC during the pandemic? If so then it will just be a normal review to check that everything is correct. Nothing to worry about at all. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dolphins7
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @poppy123456 it was 3 months ago as i was on new style js as i worked for years with Dwp not on benefits side ive waited so long to get the group i am in and now this at such short notice has sent me over the edge ive applied for pip in december and assesment was 2 weeks ago another worry and stress sorry for the meltdown

Telephone Interview has been scheduled for you on Monday 24/04/2023 between 2.00 - 2.30pm. Please note I cannot give a specific time and the call may take up to 30 minutes. It is essential that you are available for this appointment to ensure you are receiving the correct amount of Universal Credit. The number I have for you is .........., If this is incorrect or you cannot make the interview, thid  please note your Journal. Failure to make yourself available or if we can’t contact you may give rise to a doubt in your entitlement to Universal Credit and your payments may be suspended. If you cannot communicate adequately in English, please provide an interpreter. If you cannot provide an interpreter, DfC will provide one on your behalf.

• poppy123456
    Options
    It will just be to check your claim is correct.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dolphins7
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @poppy123456 i have lack of memory can you give me any more details as to whst this entails 

My pip assesment was 2 weeks nearly 3 got a txt saying they recived report day after assessmenf do i just wait now all so stressful ive broken out in hives and had 2 panic attacks after that txt its really bad and ive been diagnosed with PTSD depression and anxiety my daughter basically did all the talking in my pip as i was in such a mess even though it was over the phone but i managed a couple 9f questions will this do you think go against me sorry for all the questions
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It will have nothing to do with your PIP claim. The interview is about your UC claim. I'm sorry but i have no idea what questions they will ask.
  • dolphins7
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you all so confusing 

My PIP decision god knows how long ill wait for that it does make people ill shocking some of the stories im overthinking everything 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    PIP decisions once the assessment report is returned is up to 12 weeks. 
  • dolphins7
    Options
    @poppy123456

Thank you ill see what happens all to much with my condition and for others 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is there anything which might make it a little more manageable for you @dolphins7? Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to support you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hello @dolphins7

I hope your appointment goes well for you this afternoon. As Poppy said, we are unsure what they would specifically ask. When I had phone appointments with the DWP I'd make a little list of key dates, when I put my forms in, when I heard back and any other times I had spoken to the DWP with just a couple of words with what it was about. It just kept me calmer about the appointment. Hopefully that may be something that helps you? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • dolphins7
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope it is a compliance interview for what i do not know it says to see im claiming proper ammount UC so goodness knows springing this on me 

I got my pip award yesterday enhanced care stsndard mobility for 3 years so im ok with that now i have this call it sends my anxiety through the roof 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,525 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@dolphins7
    Great news on your Pip award, I’m so pleased for you that’s one less thing to worry about. 
    Good luck with your appointment this afternoon.

Take care ❤️
  • dolphins7
    Options
    @Lou67 thanks just feels like one thing after another 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,525 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@dolphins7
    After this afternoon’s appointment is over with, you can relax and trying take it easy. Again good luck I’m sure you will be fine. 😊
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news on your PIP award, I hope it went well for you this afternoon :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • dolphins7
    Options
    Hi

It was only a call to check my UC random said i might need to send bank statements but maybe not 

Prob get anothet email to set my anxiety off just feel as if it never ends making me 100 times worse many thanks for everyones help 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    A random check is exactly what i thought it would be. Try not to worry, i realise that's difficult but i'm sure everything is fine.
  • dolphins7
    Options
    Thanks everyone ☺️ just hope this is the last of it for a while 

Thanks for all help 
  • dolphins7
    Options
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/profile/poppy123456

As i thought uc now want 9 months bank statements 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm not sure why you posted a link to my profile, it's hidden to all members anyway.

Did they say why they want 9 months bank statements? Do you have any other income/savings/capital? or pensions?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.