Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Remote Jobs

Options
GF1007
GF1007 Scope Member Posts: 33 Connected
edited April 2023 in Work and employment
Hello. Has anyone tried this site?
Uploaded my current CV. Filled in their form regarding what I was looking for, contact details etc etc. Set up job alerts... You can check if any one (employers) have looked at your account.
Very first job I thought may be worth looking at via their site - BAM!!! 
Malicious link/site. My phone security was none to happy. I contacted Remote Jobs regarding a possible recruitment scam and did they vet external links to jobs. Never heard back... Not a dickybird.
Has anyone had similar? Actually had any luck with this site?

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's really strange @GF1007 It's unfortunate that some job websites allow any job advert post from any employer. Hopefully they have fixed that scam website.

If you are looking to get back into work, Have you thought about looking at Scope's Support To Work service? @SupportToWork_Scope
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • GF1007
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I contacted them one last time today to see what they have to say @Hannah_Scope. If I don't hear anything this time then I'm not going to waste my time with them anymore and I will close my account. 

I'm signed up to Scope's Kickstart/Support To Work service. I have my first phone call next week. I want to find work in a charity, preferrably helping others. I have recently been doing voluntary work with a charity helping work ready candidates with chronic health conditions find work. Plus, advising the charity on CVs for individuals with disabilities, and how to address career gaps and mentioning health conditions in a CV. Sadly this charity did not have any paid role I could slot into. 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great to hear @GF1007 they are such a lovely team :) I hope your first call goes well! 

Hopefully one will open up soon! :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • GF1007
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope fingers crossed 🤞...and thanks, I'm sure my call will go well. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.