NEW MS LESIONS — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

NEW MS LESIONS

Options
LIVEDANDLEARNED
LIVEDANDLEARNED Community member Posts: 47 Pioneering
I’m writing on here, I don’t even know why. My best friend and I fell out 4 years ago and usually I’d tell him this, but he probably wouldn’t care anyway. 

Today my neurologist told me I have two new MS Lesions in my brain. So now I have 12 in my brain and one in my spine. It was a shock and I feel weird about it. It’s a reminder I’m deteriorating. I think I’m in denial I have MS most of the time, but today reminded me. I don’t need anyone to reply. I’m just writing down my feelings so I can put them somewhere.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options

Good morning @LIVEDANDLEARNED. Thank you for sharing with us, it takes a lot of courage to open up and I can understand the need to let it out somewhere. How are you feeling today?

Do you think the falling out with your friend could be repaired? It may be worth reaching out to them, they might surprise you. If the roles were reversed, would you want to know what they were going through? Although it may feel daunting, sharing this with someone who knows you well and cares about you could be beneficial. 

It's okay to feel a range of emotions right now, I imagine it's going to take a bit of time to process. Do you have any support around you?

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.