Hi — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi

Options
JustJem
JustJem Community member Posts: 46 Courageous
Hello, apologies in advance as I have asked these questions before but due to my autism and anxiety I have a tendency to repeat myself and overthink so just looking for reassurance.

I'm on esa in the support group and claim PIP enhanced for both, are reviews still suspended for ESA and if so are there huge backlogs for reviews etc?

When I have to claim Universal Credit would I get the LCW extra something to do with being on ESA before 2017 if the support group is no longer valid etc?

Sorry I'm just really overthinking everything as per usual due to moving home and other stressor.

Thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,396 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Reviews are still suspended. Unless you're claiming Tax credits, you will not be invited to claim UC until at least 2028 (unless a change of circumstances prompts a move in the meatime) When you do eventually claim if you're in the Support Group then you'll be entitled to the LCWRA element from the start of your claim.
    LCW doesn't apply to those in the Support Group. This is equivalent to WRAG for ESA. The changes in 2017 applied to LCW and WRAG only, not Support Group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JustJem
    Options
    Thank you so much Poppy, you always give me such reassurance and apologies for asking the same question over and over again. 

You have no idea how much your advice has calmed my anxiety, and even my mum appreciates your advice too.

Thanks again, you are truly awesome. :)
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. No worries at all. Thank you also for the kind words from you and your mum! :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • JustJem
    Options
    Hi Poppy, I was just wondering how to overcome the worry about any future esa50 form?

I know reviews are suspended, however my review is now for November so I'm just like... I'm really worried about my anxiety etc.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    For me, i usually deal with things like this by trying my hardest not to think about them. If i did then i'd be exactly the same as the majority of others and i'd be anxious and worried about what may happen.

At the moment it's very unlikely that you will receive the ESA50 forms anytime soon, this includes in November. If you want you can start to gather some evidence to support your claim and maybe write some notes.

Other than that, try to keep your mind occupied by doing some things you like to do in the times where you find you're becoming more anxious when thinking about it.

Unfortunatelty, long term i think we all have some worries and anxious times when claiming any benefits such as ESA/UC/PIP or DLA.

My PIP award is due to end in June 2024 so i have that dreaded review to deal with, sometime in the next 6 months or so. I've decided to get ahead of myself by starting to type up some real world examples on my computer by using an old PIP review form that i kept a copy of in a file. This way when the time comes for the review, at least i'll be a little more prepared.
  • JustJem
    Options
    Thank you Poppy, this has reassured me and has made me not feel so alone.. you and everyone here have been a great help and I'm truly grateful grateful you.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We are so glad to hear you are feeling reassured and less alone @JustJem. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to support you  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.