Disability confidentiality at work-Hidden disability — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disability confidentiality at work-Hidden disability

delight2107
delight2107 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
I have recently been rewarded reasonable workplace adjustments to work from home. I chose not to share my disability with coworkers but they are now hostile and disgruntled and this shoes with distribution of work, furthermore my managers have told them my arrangements are only a trial which they are objecting to. 

Comments

• Superbetty
    Superbetty Community member Posts: 446 Pioneering
    How lovely. I am sooo sorry for your experience. I bet they are all have BE KIND motto on their facebook profiles. It makes me so angry straightaway, as I had also not very nice experience at work. Don't give up and fight for yourself. People can be awful, but please don't give in. YOU are important.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 10,600 Scope online community team
    Hello @delight2107

I'm sorry to hear that your coworkers are reacting negatively to your reasonable adjustments. 

It might be worth speaking to your manager regarding them characterising the adjustments as a trial and to clarify the duration and permanency of your workplace adjustments. 

Have you spoken to your manager or coworkers regarding the hostile behaviour? They may be able to discuss potential solutions to improve the work environment.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • delight2107
    delight2107 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    My managers also sadly took their stance and support them

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.