If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cost of living 2023

Options
Qasimo
Qasimo Community member Posts: 160 Courageous
Hello I had first payment from claim was 13th March and that was from 7th February to 6th March it say to eligible have to be on UC from January 27th to February 27th?? So if my 7th February so I get cost of living correct?? And when will be available any idea thanks...
No tagging allowed.. ask questions and wait for respond..

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,159 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unfortunately, you're not entitled to this first payment. To be entitled you must have been entitled to a payment of UC for an assessment period that ended between 27th Jan and 26th Feb 2023. Your first assessment period was 7th Feb to 6th March, which ended after the qualifying criteria.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Qasimo
    Options
    Hey everyone hope you all going great...  wanna ask about cost of living when I read on gov site it say those who paid on 1st April 2023 will be eligible I got paid after 1st April 2023 it confusing that..??? I got pip cost of living last year 2022 so am I eligible then...? Automatically 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Qasimo said:
    Hey everyone hope you all going great...  wanna ask about cost of living when I read on gov site it say those who paid on 1st April 2023 will be eligible I got paid after 1st April 2023 it confusing that..??? I got pip cost of living last year 2022 so am I eligible then...? Automatically 

For the £150 the qualifying criteria is "you must have received a payment for 1st April. (rather than on 1st April) You will be entitled because you're claiming PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Soph1993
    Soph1993 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hi, sorry to jump on, could anyone advise on weather I would be eligible for the £150 Col payment please?

Pip claim made 12th Feb, telephone assessment 25th April and awarded pip 22nd May, awaiting award letter and backdate payment. 
    Thanks in advance 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Soph1993 said:
    Hi, sorry to jump on, could anyone advise on weather I would be eligible for the £150 Col payment please?

Pip claim made 12th Feb, telephone assessment 25th April and awarded pip 22nd May, awaiting award letter and backdate payment. 
    Thanks in advance 
    You are eligible.
  • Qasimo
    Options
    Soph1993 have you got pip yes?? You will be eligible but it will be late as people who already on pip they all get it then those who started this year will will get it bit later but you are eligible your pip being assessed while you waited now you have pip mean you will get 150 but keep in mind it will arrive bit later ok I started mine Feb 2022 and I already had last years COL which it cake bit late...
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Qasimo said:
    Soph1993 have you got pip yes?? You will be eligible but it will be late as people who already on pip they all get it then those who started this year will will get it bit later
    I don’t know how you can predict that it will be paid late. Payments are to be made between 20th June and 4th July. Soph1993 has just been awarded so there’s plenty of time left before payments start. 
  • Qasimo
    Options
    I'm only saying as that what happen to me last year same as soph1993 I didn't get COL I complain after payment window close then I got it they do give late I dunno as of now that what I'm saying... sometime it automatically sometime they need human to fix it...
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Qasimo said:
    I'm only saying as that what happen to me last year same as soph1993 I didn't get COL I complain after payment window close then I got it they do give late I dunno as of now that what I'm saying... sometime it automatically sometime they need human to fix it...
    You can’t assume that the same thing will happen to someone else. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.