Sdp living with son — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sdp living with son

littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
Hi could someone kindly advise me if im living with my adult son is under 25 and in the support group of new style esa.would I still be able too claim my sdp please?.its all very confusing .thank you 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 49,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 7
    Unfortunately not. You will only be entitled to SDP if your son receives either PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care for himself or he's registered blind.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • littleruthie123
    littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    Ok thank you 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.