Eurovision 2023: Your reaction — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Eurovision 2023: Your reaction

Alex_Scope
Alex_Scope Posts: 7,562 Scope online community team
Good morning everyone, I hope you've all recovered from the night before, and the spectacle that was Eurovision 2023!  :D 

Did you stay up to watch, and if so, did you enjoy it?

Who was your winner, and who got 0 points for you?

I have to say, Finland were robbed...
Online Community Coordinator
Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Comments

• Wibbles
    Wibbles Community member Posts: 1,543 Pioneering
    UK did exactly as I expected 
    The rest of Europe hates the UK
    I am surprised that UK came 2nd last year 
    UK should pull out from eurovision and stop wasting tax payers money 
  • Alex_Scope
    It's hard to argue that it's not political on some level, but it did sound like it was a great boost to the local economy in Liverpool this year.

I know the contest isn't everyone's cup of tea though!
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 15,154 Disability Gamechanger
    I was hoping we might have turned a corner after coming second last year. Obviously not. She did her best.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,286 Disability Gamechanger
    I watched the results bit and tbh expected the UK would have done better, but Liverpool did themselves proud
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Steve_in_The_City
    Steve_in_The_City Scope Member Posts: 511 Pioneering
    I liked Italy the best. I also liked the ladies who were dressed in pink (I can't remember their country) but I loved their artistry and performance.

Eurovision is watched by millions and is one of the biggest shows in the world, and on tv. It may be crazy and voting political, but it is a lot of fun. It brings people together and it creates enormous wealth.  I would say Eurovision well pays for itself in every respect and if not then I for one don't begrudge some of my tv license fee going toward it; after all I have to pay for programmes that I don't want to watch. Sometimes the performers are just brilliant, other times not so brilliant but it is all part of the diversity and surprise that Eurovision provides. Last year Sam Ryder won because he sang a wondrous song and gave a brilliant performance, so I don't think Europeans hate us. I think it is a case of putting on stage good charismatic performers singing memorable songs that are expertly presented and well choreographed.
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,093 Disability Gamechanger
    There were so many catchy songs that I can see being the backing to so many TikTok's this summer! 

My favourite part was when they all came out and sang You'll Never Walk Alone. I cried. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

• Alex_Scope
    @Steve_in_The_City, apparently Italy's singer is quite successful at home, I thought he sang really well :) 

I think the pink ladies were from Czechia (Czech Republic), I was worried they'd trip over their ponytails! :D

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, I think it's always good for bringing everyone together for a party.
    Scope

• rebel11
    rebel11 Community member Posts: 1,634 Pioneering
    I was going to watch it, but backed out, it's a marathon. We should write next years entry. :o
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 43,635 Disability Gamechanger
    The only thing for me, was it was on for days, rather then the usual one night, which I think is better
  • Alex_Scope
    Yes @Sandy_123 they really go all in for coverage of the quarters/semi finals now, as well as the main event itself! I suppose it gives fans the chance to really get to know their favourites :) 
    Scope

• rebel11
    They need to 'soup it up', they need something like VAR, to see if anyone misses a 'note'.  :o  
  • Alex_Scope
    Brilliant! That might risk making it even longer @rebel11 :D 
    Scope

• rebel11
    Brilliant! That might risk making it even longer @rebel11 :D 
    Yes, another another bright idea, it will be known as the Eurovision VAR Contest.  :)   

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.