Hello everyone, WCA decision letter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello everyone, WCA decision letter

Options
othmana
othmana Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
What that mean for period August to December only ? This is the period where i sent my fitnotes ,Is that mean I need to renew my capability assessment again after this date ? Also when shall I expect the payment due? 
Many thanks for help

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,530 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA is an ongoing award until a new decision says otherwise, there's no end date. When it's paid from exactly will depend on what date you usually receive your money each month and what date you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • othmana
    Options
    Thanks for your reply and clarification about I dont need to reply , I received this decision on the 17 January,  Normally money in on the 20th of every month, I checked in this month bill couldn't find any extra payment,  so how do I calculate the period until payment is due please ? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    othmana said:
    Thanks for your reply and clarification about I dont need to reply , I received this decision on the 17 January,  Normally money in on the 20th of every month, I checked in this month bill couldn't find any extra payment,  so how do I calculate the period until payment is due please ? 
    You haven't said what date exactly you reported your health condition/sent your first fit note. I can't advise when it's paid from without knowing this information.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • othmana
    Options
    My first fitnote was 26/08/22 last one expires on the 05/01/23 
    I had phone assessment beginning of December and i received the letter on 17/01/2023
  • poppy123456
    edited May 2023
    Options
    That means your waiting period will be Sept to Dec.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 14th Dec to 13th Jan and first payment should have been 20th January 2023.

This is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
  • othmana
    Options
    Yes We are a couple claiming UC but my husband is not claiming LCWRA, thanks for your patients 
    Why in the letter they mention for a period 26/08  to 08/12  only ? 
    And also how much should I expect to be paid ? Is this extra money subject to UC Cap
    Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I have no idea why the letter says for a period between those dates. You will now be excluded from the benefit cap because you were found to have LCWRA.

The extra money before the increase was £354.28/month. It is now £390.06/month. I'm assuming you don't have access to a journal because you receive the decision as a letter in the post. If you don't then you'll need to ring the helpline to tell them that you still haven't had the LCWRA element added to your statements.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can’t understand the reference to 08/12/2022. In your situation I would ask them about it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    @othmana did you report a change in your health around the 8th of December? Or was there any other change in your circumstances around then? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.