How does dating change as we age, or does it stay the same? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How does dating change as we age, or does it stay the same?

Options
Splatmate24
Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 385 Courageous
I'm been wondering if dating changes as we age or stays the same. i already been through some rough patches to get into a relationship and I still haven't been in a relationship since I'm 24 years old. I had previous relationships in college, but I also found it harder in my 20's+, so I took a break from online dating. My tendency is not to go back to it. Through whatapps, I have been texting this one man I met on a dating site. What are the effects of age on dating? Does it change or remain the same?

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think dating does change as we age. We want different things in our 20's to say our 30's and everyone is different within that too. I found in my 20's, I had friends who never wanted to be married, or who never wanted children. Some of those friends still feel the same in their 30's and some have changed their minds. That has had an effect on them with dating. With finding someone who wants the same.
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • surfygoose
    surfygoose Community member Posts: 437 Pioneering
    Options
    I think with age I became more happy and confident with who I am, even just by myself without a partner, and that in turn led to attracting the right person.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.