Hi, my name is mrkevduff! I have just recently failed in my employment tribunal and I want to appeal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mrkevduff! I have just recently failed in my employment tribunal and I want to appeal

Options
mrkevduff
mrkevduff Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited May 2023 in Work and employment
Good morning, thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 20,735 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning @mrkevduff Welcome to the Community. If you have any questions please ask. Have a look around and join in with us. Have a good day. Take care.
  • mrkevduff
    mrkevduff Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Not, sure if I'm in the righ place.
    I have just recently failed in my employment tribunal and I want to appeal. My disciplinary was a made up case of sexual harassment. They concluded that my comments COULD cause sexual harassment which the tribunal upheld. I thought that the threshold for sexual harassment had to be higher than COULD have caused. Is this strong enough grounds for an appeal? Thanks.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We are here to support you the best we can @mrkevduff. Though, please note, we are not experts in employment. Acas is a good contact for employment-specific advice!

Nevertheless, we are always open to listening to you. You have been really brave in reaching out to us. In terms of how sexual harassment is defined, please see Victim Support's definition as follows:

"Sexual harassment is any kind of unwanted behaviour of a sexual nature that makes you feel humiliated or intimidated, or that creates a hostile environment"

So, if the 'could' is other people feeling uncomfortable/potentially feeling uncomfortable - then your comments could be challenged. Yes. I appreciate how many could's there are though in this.
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.