Universal credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit

Options
pauline78
pauline78 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi just would like to ask if anyone can advise please. I’ve recently been awarded uc capacity and waiting for my first payment to go on and I’ve spoke to them today to inquire about backpay and didn’t realise I had a overpayment on tax credits as it’s only been taken of last months payment at 4 pounds I’ve not been on tax credits for almost 6 years so didn’t even relize will dwp take it from my backpay what’s owed? Obviously needs paying back but is there any chance it can just continue to be taken of uc every month thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They can use any money they owe you to pay back any money you owe. You can contact debt management to ask them not take the full amount and see what they say. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @pauline78

Welcome to the community! :) I see Poppy has answered your query. I hope the call to debt management goes well, please keep us updated. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    575 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hello

I have some questions about fitnote, do I continue to send fitnote even if I received the decision and I was not in any group  , I am still looking for work in the dicision not justice the decision I did appeal, do I continue to give fitnote to UC please ? 

Best wishes 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    575 said:
    Hello

I have some questions about fitnote, do I continue to send fitnote even if I received the decision and I was not in any group  , I am still looking for work in the dicision not justice the decision I did appeal, do I continue to give fitnote to UC please ? 

Best wishes 

Duplicate question answered here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/103292/first-sick-note#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pauline78
    pauline78 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    Hi sorry not been well I will contact them today thank you x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How did it go for you when you contacted them @pauline78? Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.