Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Help me.please, I got letter from DWP

Skypink1987 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I got letter from DWP stating they wanted to talk to me,iv had my god daughter stay at my house as she is very unwell with mental health,she's never contributed to rent or food or anything ,anyway cut a long story short they are saying someone has reported her as living with me ,and that she took a phone contact out in my address yet she is on pay as you go,do you think this is ligit ?I'm on pension credits ,what can I do ? Please help me in the right direction it has me worried sick .


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 56,166 Disability Gamechanger
    How long has she been living with you? What other benefits are you claiming other than Pension Credit and state pension? Is she an adult or a child?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Skypink1987

    Welcome to the community! :) 

    I'm so sorry you have had this to deal with. I can see two of our community members have asked questions to try and help. With your post, I can hear that you may not want to put so much information on the forum. If you wanted to talk more privately, you can always reach out to Scope's Helpline

    Phone: 0808 800 3333.


    Textphone: dial 18001 then 0808 800 3333.

    Calls are free from UK landlines and mobiles.

    Hannah - She / Her

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.