I had a MRI head scan- which showed white and grey spots. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had a MRI head scan- which showed white and grey spots.

Options
Ishy56032
Ishy56032 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi, 
I had a MRI scan in December 22 and got my results in January 23, which showed white and grey spots, the doctors described it as a white ball with loads of black spot, which didn't mean anything to me, then the doctors said he has not seen a scan like that 🫣, as he doesn't work in that field, I have a neurologist appointment next week, I do not  know what to expect, my mobility is affected, i can not walk without crutches and i still struggling, I'm always overwhelmed with tiredness, it is affected me physically and mentally, I'm absolutely drained.
One of the doctors thinks is might be MS but the other doctors not sure, I won’t know until, i see an neurologist.

I just wanted to ask has anyone had white and grey spots on your head scan? If you have what was you diagnosed with?

Thank you, inadvance x

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there @Ishy56032 thanks for reaching out, I can appreciate it must be a bit scary seeing something on the scan and not knowing what it is. Do you feel like you've got enough support with everything at the moment?

I can't answer your question directly as I've never had an MRI scan, but hopefully some of our other members can share their thoughts!

Hopefully the neurologist can help answer some questions for you next week, you'll have to keep us posted when you can :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ishy56032
    Ishy56032 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    Hi,

Thank you for replying, my family are really supportive, but struggling to understand whats happening, to be honest I think my family just want answers, like I do, as its really had a massive impact on my mobility and self-esteem. X
  • MrWilliams
    MrWilliams Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hi did you ever get a diagnosis from the ct scan? 
    I'm about to have an mri of my head myself and I'm worried too.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @MrWilliams

Good luck with your MRI. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry. If the online community could help you in anyway, please don't hesitate to reach out. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.