If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Options
Redlima83
Redlima83 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello, my name is Helen and I was diagnosed ADHD in November last year. Just slowly muddling through and had a lot of issues from childhood coming up since my diagnosis. Hope everyone is well and looking forward to getting to know people. 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,102 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Redlima83 and a warm welcome to the community! It's great to have you here, and thank you for sharing your story with us. Diagnoses can often bring up a mix of emotions and memories, especially when it comes to conditions like ADHD that may have affected us from childhood. You're not alone in this journey, as many others have gone through similar experiences.

It's wonderful that you're taking the time to muddle through and navigate your ADHD diagnosis. Remember, it's a process, and each step forward is a step towards a better understanding of yourself and finding strategies that work for you. This forum can be a valuable resource for support, information, and connecting with others who may share similar experiences.

If you have any questions, need advice or just want a chat, please dive right in. The coffee lounge is a great place to start. 

Community Manager
    Scope
  • CarenMitch1
    CarenMitch1 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    Hi Helen, my youngest son has adhd and my eldest has cerebral palsy. Welcome to the group. There’s some nice people on here x
  • Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,738 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Redlima83 Welcome to the Community from me. If you have any questions please ask. Have a look around and join in with us. You might like to start with the Coffee lounge under Categories for chats and games. Take care.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.