Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hello! Backdated LCWRA, help please

Options
zaint101
zaint101 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello,

Could someone tell me if I should get be getting backdated pay for my LCWRA claim?

I was awarded on the 27th of Jan 2023

I have fit notes from 29/06/22 until 27/01/2023 with no gaps

My 1st LCWRA payment I am due to receive on the 15th June

Many thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,159 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That doesn't sound correct to me. The waiting period starts from when you first report your health condition/supported by a fit note within 7 days of that. It's then paid from the 4th month. They very often get this wrong and there's no excuses for it because they should know their own rules.

Your waiting period will be July to Oct..LCWRA starts from assessment period 9th Oct to 8th Nov and first payment should have been 15th November 2022.

Put a note on your journal and ask about the money that's owed. Tell them the date you sent your first fit note and remind them when the waiting period starts from. If you get no joy from that then request the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR) for the decision not to start the LCWRA element sooner.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • zaint101
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hello poppy, thanks for your reply.

I was asking whether I would receive backdated pay in my uc journal & the reply I received was along the lines of:
     "there are is no backpay coming to you, you were awarded on 27th Jan and there is a 3 month waiting period".

I replied:
    "I understand about the 3 month waiting period & that I was under the impression that I would be paid from my 1st fit note which was early last year"

I think I'll try calling them tommorow and use what you have explained, thanks
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2023
    Options
    No, i didn't reply to the wrong person, i was answering your question. Please take note of what i said here.

Your waiting period will be July to Oct..LCWRA starts from assessment period 9th Oct to 8th Nov and first payment should have been 15th November 2022.

and here.

Put a note on your journal and ask about the money that's owed. Tell them the date you sent your first fit note and remind them when the waiting period starts from. If you get no joy from that then request the Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR) for the decision not to start the LCWRA element sooner.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • zaint101
    Options
    I know, took me a while to realise, thanks again
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.