University Project Survey, In need of help to further the project — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

University Project Survey, In need of help to further the project

Options
Mitchythe3rd
Mitchythe3rd Community member Posts: 7 Listener

Hello,

My name is Mitch and I'm conducting research as part of my project for Sheffield Hallam University.  The aim of this project is to understand the experiences of individuals, particularly those with disabilities(Both Mental and physical), in using Internet of Things (IoT) smart devices.

As someone with ADHD, this hits close to home, which is why I've chosen to pursue this project in order to gain more vital insight to possible ways we can improve these devices in order to help people improve the quality of life for people with disabilities 

If you're unfamiliar with the term, IoT refers to the network of physical devices, vehicles, home appliances, and other items embedded with sensors, software, and network connectivity, which enables these objects to connect and exchange data. Examples of IoT devices include smart home devices like Amazon Echo or Google Nests, wearable technology like Smartwatches, and even smart appliances like refrigerators or thermostats that can be controlled remotely.

Your participation in this survey will help me gain valuable insights into the accessibility, privacy, and security of these devices, and how they can be improved to better meet the needs of people with disabilities. The survey should take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.

Please note that your responses will be kept confidential No name required or email at all and used only for research purposes in relation to the project and upon completion of the project, all data will be deleted.Participation is voluntary, and you can choose to stop the survey at any time.

Thank you for considering participating in this survey. Your input is greatly appreciated, and have a lovely day,

Link to Survey : https://forms.gle/keHMUTeMbbDwcYZA8

Mitch.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.