mobility scooter hire benidorm — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

mobility scooter hire benidorm

Options
scotsgiz
scotsgiz Community member Posts: 2 Listener

so we have just returned from a weeks holiday in the beni once again an amazing holiday in an amazing place

sadly this time we booked in a hurry and i forgot to book a mobility scooter(double buggy) for my blind/disabled wife through easyhire what an experience that created

sadly amigos24 and easyhire were fully booked which are to be fair excellent companys to hire from as we have hired from trhem for years with never any issues great prices and reasonable deposits

which brings me to our experience with butterfields mobiility hire

as they were the only people who had one available and although thier prices are very much inflated than any other company and double the deposit

when it was delivered i was instructed of all the rules like a schoolchild i'm a 57 year old

on the first nights use our granddaughter(10) got tired after walking so on the last street to our hotel she stood beside her gran on the buggy

the next morning i got what i could only class as a telling off over the phone by butterfields threatening us with police fines for having three people on the buggy

sadly this caused my wife through her mental disability to NOT use the buggy again for the full holiday as she felt she was being watched

now as we all know seeing kids on scooters is a regular thing in beni so i asked the police what the situation is the reply i got was they dont like groups of young people on the buggys

kids with parents are rarely approached!!

so you can all read into this as you will but I would advise you all to steer clear of butterfields mobility as there are far better and cheaper companys out there

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @scotsgiz

Welcome to the community! :) I am so sorry you had such a bad time with the company and your wife felt like she was being watched and didn't want to use the mobility scooter. I hope you had a lovely time there despite this. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 229 Pioneering
    Options
    in there defense you would not have been insured for having 3 people on a 2 seater mobility scooter i would think yourself lucky you were not involved in an accident   
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,700 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not sure I like to read criticism of a company when they don't have a right to reply (I doubt they read Scope UK), personally having spoken to the police I would have continued to use the mobility scooter.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• scotsgiz
    scotsgiz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    when my wife suffers from paranioa after losing her sight even after speaking to the police for clarification still had little effect to how she felt 
  • MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 489 Pioneering
    Options

Hello scotsgiz

Your interaction with this company seemed to have a rather unfavourable beginning when they provided you with the mobility buggy and its accompanying instructions. You felt a sense of condescension, as if they perceived you as a child, despite being 57 years old. It was evident that they were unaware of your extensive familiarity with operating such equipment. 

However, it's important to consider that each person's experience and comfort level with new equipment can vary, and the company likely intends to provide clear instructions for ease of use. If I were in a situation where this company was supplying and presenting me with a new buggy, I would want the representative to explain thoroughly, as I have never used one before. I would want to know all the legal requirements for road use, any potential financial responsibility in case of a claim, and most important providing me with a contact number for breakdowns.   

Have you thought about providing feedback about your experience with Butterfields Mobility Hire on relevant travel websites? This can help potential customers make more informed decisions when choosing a mobility hire company in the future. 

It sounds like you have had positive experiences with other mobility hire companies in the past, such as Amigos24 and Easyhire. Sharing your positive experiences on these companies websites might be helpful for others who are looking for reliable mobility solutions in the future. 

It's unfortunate that your wife no longer felt comfortable using the buggy, but it seems like despite the problems you enjoyed your holiday.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.