If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is roglin55! Waiting to hear from PIP

Options
roglin55
roglin55 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
edited June 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 52,451 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @roglin55 welcome to the forum Join in with the conversations and games
  • roglin55
    Options
    Hi I got a letter from PIP last week to say they had all info needed to make a desicion I also got a text to say not made desicion yet. I phoned today to be told they are awaiting info off my doctor. I'm a bit confused to say the least 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,107 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I would take what they tell you in the call centre with a pinch of salt. Once a decision is made you will be contacted. This can take anything up to 12 weeks after the report was returned.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • roglin55
    Options
    Spoke to case manager they decided  they just needed some info off my doctor so hears awaiting another few weeks 
  • roglin55
    Options
    Still waiting for dwp to send  for the info they want off my doctor said it was sent 4 weeks ago said they allow 2 weeks. That was from assessment center  lady said the dwp had assesment end of May 23. So would not be asking for duplicate. So I phoned dwp to say nothing coming from assesment center and they won't ask for duplicate then 2 weeks ago they said they would send  still nothing at my doctors tjis is just ridiculous 
  • roglin55
    Options
    Letter done from my doctor and sent to DWP  its been 17 weeks now  how much longer  definitely  a waiting game  
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    roglin55 said:
    Letter done from my doctor and sent to DWP  its been 17 weeks now  how much longer  definitely  a waiting game  
    Now DWP have all the information they need, a decision will be made within 12 weeks. I know it's a lengthy process but you shouldn't be waiting much longer now.
  • roglin55
    Options
    Doctors letter sent Friday should have it today so here's another 17 weeks waiting so fustrating
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry it has been so frustrating @roglin55. I hope the community can be a support for you :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • roglin55
    Options
    They certainly  are ty
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear this @roglin55. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything else to help  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • roglin55
    Options
    Your very kind thankyou once I get an update I'll let the forum know 
  • roglin55
    Options
    Doctors letter was delayed now going out today or tomorrow  its so frustrating   but I'm sure it won't be long now  and  all it can  be is a yes or a no fingers x 
  • roglin55
    Options
    Well doctors letter defo sent 17/8/23. Started my pip journey 12th April  this is the last leg hopefully should get an answer soon its been 18 weeks  so far  fingers x it's a good outcome 😊 
  • ayaalildn
    ayaalildn Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    I always thought they didn’t actually contact your GP?
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ayaalildn said:
    It's rare they do. Personally, my GP being contacted would be at the back of my mind really when going through a benefits process.
  • roglin55
    Options
    They wanted some extra info but medical assesment  said 8 point daily  living and 8 points mobility recommended  then they said they needed for info off doctor im just  going through mandatory reconsideration form now  doing  it in rough  so I can make sure I've put everything down and not missed anything 
  • roglin55
    Options
    If I don't get that I'm going to tribuneral
  • roglin55
    Options
  • ayaalildn
    ayaalildn Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    bg844 said:
    ayaalildn said:
    It's rare they do. Personally, my GP being contacted would be at the back of my mind really when going through a benefits process.

@bg844 Oh really, I have read this a lot in forums and didn’t realise at the time of submitting my review. I was hoping they did contact them, as If I had known they didn’t I would of submitted more of my gp medical records myself as evidence. But hopefully it will still all be ok for me as I’ve had the assessors report back and it is fair.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.