If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip

Options
jan6122
jan6122 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
edited July 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello im jan6122, can someone help me please, i had my pip telephone assessment wednesday june 28th, as of today 4th july i have not had the text from dwp saying they have received my report and can now make a decision. Is this a bad sign ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,208 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It doesn’t mean anything other than they probably haven’t received the report.

Sometimes reports are chosen at random for an audit. It’s nothing to worry about and means they are checking the assessor did their job correctly. Once it’s completed they will return it to DWP.

Once it’s returned a decision can take up to 12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jan6122
    Options
    Thank you poppy
  • Mummy_2012
    Mummy_2012 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Hi @jan6122 I too had my assessment on the 28th of June, may I ask when you first applied? It’s such a long process isn’t it 🙈 x
  • onlymeagain
    onlymeagain Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Options
    I had a telephone assessment today and was told that DWP will probably decide in about 6 weeks, so not expecting to hear anything for a while.

• poppy123456
    Options
    I had a telephone assessment today and was told that DWP will probably decide in about 6 weeks, so not expecting to hear anything for a while.

That could be up to 12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jan6122
    Options
    Mummy_2012, Hi, i rang pip and registered April 17th, x

• onlymeagain
    onlymeagain Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Options

That could be up to 12 weeks.
    Yes, or longer. It's taken just over a year to get to this point.
    The crazy thing is, since my last award, which was enhanced on Care and Mobility, I've had a Wet Room and Stairlift fitted (Via SS/OT) and GP has upped my pain meds and given me meds for anxiety, so I'm not sure how that suggests my health and mobility may have improved.
  • jan6122
    Options
    Hi all, update, as of today 10/7 i still haven't received the text from dwp saying they had recieved my report to make a decision ( my assessment 28/6) the lovely lady at dwp said not to worry that she will chase this up for me, said its probably due to back log. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your report could have been chosen for audit. If it has it’s nothing to worry about. They are just checking the assessor did their job correctly. It just delays the report being returned. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.