If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

First time pip claim

Options
Mummy_2012
Mummy_2012 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi there, I’m new here… was just wondering a rough time scale on the pip decision? I have read so many different things about it 🙈 it is causing my anxiety to go through the roof waiting! I phoned the enquiry line today and they have told me my assessment is with the DM. Thanks 

Comments

• parissophia
    parissophia Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hey, my assessment has been with the DM since 8th May and 9 rang yesterday and it still hasn't been allocated. I am so tired of waiting. I requested a copy of my assessment report which says ive got the points but still waiting. Ive seen some other people on here have there decisions really quick aswell though. She said they're backlogged at the moment so no idea how long it can take . Its so frustrating not knowing whats going on x
  • Mummy_2012
    Options
    Hi @parissophia thanks for your comment… oh my word that’s absolutely ridiculous it’s been with DM for that long! Ah dosnt give me much hope for an answer soon, that’s brilliant that you got some points, yeah I’ve seen a lot of people who have applied and received a decision within a week or two of assessment it’s really not fair as it adds to your anxiety! Hopefully you hear soon 🤞 x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    Options
    Once the report is returned a decision can take anything up to 12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mummy_2012
    Options
    Thank you for your comment poppy, it’s such a long process isn’t it. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Championing
    Options
    It is a long one @Mummy_2012 we wish you the best of luck for a positive outcome for it. If you need anything in the meantime, the community is here for support :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Mummy_2012
    Options
    Hi @Alex_Scope thank you very much for your kind comment, I started my claim in March so hopefully not much longer 🤞 this site has been a god send for answers, then again everyone’s different with waiting times ect, hope you are well x
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    I am well thanks :) Let's hope it's not too much longer. I'm glad you've found the community helpful, that's great to hear! 

Are you up to much this coming weekend?
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• Mummy_2012
    Options
    Glad to hear, may I ask how long you waited for decision? 

Ahh the weather is most definitely not on our sides at the moment so looks like a very lazy weekend with some films… what about yourself? 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Options
    Oh, my own PIP claim was back in 2018, so I'm afraid I can recall exactly, but I'd say it was a few months at the time!

No, it's getting warmer though @Mummy_2012, especially tomorrow! I'll be enjoying Wimbledon on TV and working here as well this weekend :)
    Scope

• poppy123456
    Options
    As you didn't apply until March i would say your process has been reasonably quick up to now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Mummy_2012
    Options
    Do you think it has been quick poppy? Was around the 20th of March I applied and had my phone assessment 28th of June.

@Alex_Scope ahh I see, wasn’t too long then, it’s pretty cold here in norther Ireland unfortunately. Sounds like a great weekend :) 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes quick. Your assessment was only last week so you could be waiting a while yet. Best thing to do is try to think about something else and i know that's difficult.
  • Mummy_2012
    Options
    Yeah I thought it was quick especially today when I rang they said my claim is with a DM… just have to try and be patient. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes, usually it's sent to a DM once the report is returned and put in the pile with all the others that are waiting to be looked at.
  • shelby40
    shelby40 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Options
    I had my telephone assessment on 20th June later that day I had a message to say they had received my report … I applied 16th march … on Wednesday had a message to say they have still not yet made a decision and once  they have they would write which I do believe now that is a standard message from them..phoned them up yesterday to be told I would get a text and letter once they had been made decision if that helps … 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    shelby40 said:
    phoned them up yesterday to be told I would get a text and letter once they had been made decision if that helps … 
    They sometimes send texts if there's an award. They don't send texts with refusals.

• shelby40
    Options
    Some people have had the not made a decision text then day or 2 later received that they had been awarded so will wait and see 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    shelby40 said:
    Some people have had the not made a decision text then day or 2 later received that they had been awarded so will wait and see 

Some don't. Not receiving a text within a few days doesn't mean there's a refusal either. There's lots of members that have waited quite a while after that text and been awarded.
  • Mummy_2012
    Options
    Hey @shelby40 we applied roughly around the same time then, I havnt had a text yet regarding any discussion being made, just a waiting game… very stressful mind you, keep me updated if you receive any message about award :) fingers crossed for you 
  • shelby40
    Options
    I will do also same with you … hopefully we should have a good outcome 🤞 x
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.