Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Duel fuel bills post 1/7/23.

Options
2oldcodgers
2oldcodgers Posts: 743 Connected
edited July 2023 in Cost of living
Well yesterday I received a letter from my fuel provider telling me that as from the 1st July my estimated bills for the year will be just over £500 a year cheaper!
Brilliant I thought only to read on in telling me that my current DD will not be changed!
They point out that by paying more now in the summer I will not be in debt during the winter.
No idea how they come up with this c**p as my current credit balance is currently running at approx £600 and increasing each month by up to £250 a month.. 
Seems that we are back on with what happened last winter when the bills were high yet with what I was paying on my DD then not only covered the winter bills but the credit balance kept on going up. By the start of spring this year the credit was approx £1000!!
Does anybody know how they work all of this out? I don't mind paying for what we owe but we seem to be in a never ending cycle of providing funds for the fuel company to spend as they wish.

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.