Hi can anybody help my mother in law passed away and wanted us to move into her owned home — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi can anybody help my mother in law passed away and wanted us to move into her owned home

Options

Comments

• katenlucad62
    katenlucad62 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    Hi can anybody help my mother in law passed away and wanted us to move into her owned home,I’m on esa severe disability and support group would that trigger me to have to claim universal credit thank you 💎
  • katenlucad62
    katenlucad62 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    Also the house is same local authority,and is about a mile from my house 💎
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,704 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi can anybody help my mother in law passed away and wanted us to move into her owned home,I’m on esa severe disability and support group would that trigger me to have to claim universal credit thank you 💎

You've posted on a thread that's 18 months old and your question is completely different to what the thread is related to.

If your mum owned her own home then you will not need to claim for help with any rent so moving house will mean you can remain on your existing benefits. If you're currently claiming for help with any rent through housing benefit then you'll need to report the changes when you move house and the housing benefit will end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @katenlucad62

Welcome to the community! :) I can see Poppy has answered your query. Just to let you know, I have moved your comments into their own thread under our housing and independent living section of the forum. In case you had any other questions or queries :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.