Hi, my name is TiggiLouisa! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is TiggiLouisa!

Options
TiggiLouisa
TiggiLouisa Community member Posts: 8 Connected
edited July 2023 in Start here and say hello!
Hi everyone.

I'm a 48 year old dog mum and metalhead from Lincolnshire. I have CP, deafness and a dislocated hip. Basically housebound and struggling with life at the moment.

Looking to start a non profit to help advocate for a change in attitudes towards the sexual and intimate needs of disabled people. Especially in regard to Domiciliary carers and the infantalising and disregard we disabled folks are often subjected to, in regard to our intimate experiences and emotional needs.

Glad to meet you all xx
"Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you know.” - A.A Milne

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @TiggiLouisa

Welcome to the community! :) I hope you are well?

I hope the community can be a great place of support for you with your plans to start a non profit. I'm also going to tag @Richard_ScopeRichard is our Cerebral Palsy Network Lead. The CP Network is a group of people with lived experience of CP. The network supports the cerebral palsy community in England and Wales :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • TiggiLouisa
    TiggiLouisa Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    edited July 2023
    Options
    thank you, I hope so.  Thanks @Hannah_Scope. That's really helpful. Looking forward to picking everyone's brains and having fun in the lounge!
    "Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and loved more than you know.” - A.A Milne

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.