ESA -Scotland disability payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA -Scotland disability payment

Options
dynasty30
dynasty30 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
So I transferred last Wednesday to Scotland disability payment,my esa support group was due to be paid on Thursday low and behold no money for ESA I phoned to tell them I had swapped over which then gave an error code on the system something to do with the SDP premium I get she passed me over to the accounts department and they fast tracked my esa she says my claim will have to come off the system and be put back on which takes around 8wks I’m hoping my council tax is still being paid at this time 
she’s authorised 2 more payments but that only cover the next four weeks can anyone help please explain I’m getting really stressed out 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,916 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When there's an award or refusal of another benefit then it can temporary suspend another benefit like ESA. If what she's talking about is your ESA going "clerical" then what this means is that your ESA will have to be rebuilt back onto the system. Whist they do this your ESA payments will need to be paid manually. It will cause your payments to have JSA next to them and not ESA but that's nothing to worry about.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dynasty30
    Options
    Thank you so much I’ve honestly been so worried it’s possible then due to me switching to Scotland disability as when I informed them there was an error on the system 
    that won’t effect my council tax as they pay 80% of that whilst they build it back up.
    Payment did have the jsa reference thanks you’ve put my mind at rest I do a your insight 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. It may not have been from your ADP award. A claim going clerical can happen at anytime, though it is rare.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dynasty30
    Options
    she actually said it was because I’ve swapped to the Scottish disability payment will it go back to being electronic or now will it remain clerical now once it’s back on the system 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It will eventually return to normal once it's been rebuilt.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.