Lcwra award — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra award

Options
Elton1reg2
Elton1reg2 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited July 2023 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi thanks for looking at my post.my brother was assest for work capability.He received the decision letter saying he's awarded LCWRA.The universal credit people at the job centre have there report thats states he was awarded LWC.we have called the dwp/universal credit number and asked questions. 
But can't get a straight answer to what copy of the report is correct .Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,151 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's not the assessment report you need to look at, it's the decision letter. If the decision letter says Limited capability For Work Related Activity (LCWRA) then that's what the decision is. Is he 100% certain the decision was LCWRA?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Elton1reg2
    Options
    Hi all after waiting 3 months for my universal credit to change 
  • Elton1reg2
    Options
    Hi poppy yes he's letter states lcwra but the universal credits copy states LCW
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I don’t understand what you mean by the Universal Credits copy states LCW. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Elton1reg2
    Options
    Sorry! Universal credits copy of rhe notification letter states he was awarded LCW But my brothers letter states he was awarded LCWRA 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There should only be one decision letter which should be on the journal. It makes no sense that your brother has one and UC has the other. 

I don't think it will help ringing the helpline because they will only be able to put a message onto his journal, which he can do himself. If he hasn't already then he can put a message onto his journal under the "service issues" and ask them to please confirm exactly what the decision is on the WCA, tell them that his local job centre are saying that the decision was LCW but the decision letter says LCWRA.

• poppy123456
    Options
    I've tried to advise you on your other thread here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/108326/lcwra-award#latest

• Elton1reg2
    Options
    These are the letters dont make any sense. I will make a complaint and try and get an answer thanks for your replies.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Elton1reg2

Welcome to the community! :) Just to let you know, I tidied up your posts into the one thread for you. Apologies that it all got caught up in the system! Hope you are well? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.