Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

PIP Review and LEAP

Options
sahra50
sahra50 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
I made my pip application on 27/5/2020. I had my decision letter on 22/10/30, this was during lock down. I was awarded basic rate of pip. On the .on the mobility element I was awarded 2 points but 0 of going out and planning a journey. I explained on my form, that I didn't go out unless it was with someone I knew, and I did not receive that component. As it was during lockdown I didn't have a telephone assessment. I was so unwell, the worst I've ever been, I didn't even think to challenge it, and still haven't I just excepted. I had a telephone assessment, and I just cried throughout, I was so distressed. The HCP asked me if I was always emotional, I replied "only when I'm very stressed". If I'm awarded any mobility component, how can dispute the fact I should have been awarded this from my original claim?. I've heard of LEAP but how do I request this?. I'm aware there is the MR but I know I would get way to stressed out. I'm being treated/ undiagnosed ( waiting for psychology) for bipolar type two, mood stabilizers, anti- psychotics,, anti-depressants, and anixety medication, it helps to a certain extent, but I forget to take meds, I forget to order & pick them up. If I have to go through a whole process to fight I don't think I could do that, but at the same time, it will play on my mind and cause stress because I know I will get fixated. Any help, advice, support would be very, very welcome, hope you can help me 🙏🙏🙏

Comments

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.