If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Antidepressants tablets

Options
lookingforadvice
lookingforadvice Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello.
I m a 58 year old lady, I was having a few life issue and found myself getting very low I went to the doctors and the put me on a antidepressants called citalopram a couple of years ago.
They never told me the side effects or any info on what would happen  if I took them. 
I trusted the doctors so I started to take them and I started the tablets and my sleep got bad, I couldn't sleep but before taking the tablets my sleeps was good.
I noticed a few other changes too. 
I was wondering if anyone else has experience sleep lose or any other side effect from take citalopram.
Thank you in advance. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,184 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2023
    Options
    There's usually lots of side effects when taking medication. Some are affected more than others. If you've been taking this medication for 2 years have you ever spoke to your GP about the side effects? If you haven't and have any concerns then you should speak to them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @lookingforadvice,

Welcome to the community! :) Hope you are well today?

I echo Poppy, that it is something to speak to your GP about. Maybe they can recommend something else which wouldn't effect your sleep. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.