PIP Address — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Address

salty1212334
salty1212334 Community member Posts: 140 Courageous
edited November 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
what is the pip address I spoke to someone from pip it took 50 mins to get through to be told I needed the pip decision letter. I was then put through to a different number and had to wait a further 45mins to get through again. I then spoke to someone else to be told its to late to appeal it was past 3 months I then told him I could have 12 months as advised by poppy I also told him about speaking to psychiatrist. He said he would speak to hes case manager the case manager spoke to me and said they would allow me to appeal the decision. He said to send evidence to them in the post I get 8 weeks but I do not no address. I have a psychiatrist letter to send could I also ask CGL the woman I see no's about my mental heath and physical health she said she has a friend who has hypermobility and no's how debilitating it can be

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 52,227 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, it's correct that you have 13 months in which to challenge the decision. If you're outside of the 1 month timeframe then you'll need to make sure you tell tell them why you're late requesting it. If they refuse you just proceed to Tribunal.

It's worth remembering that when speaking to PIP you're speaking to someone from a call centre, who usually have very little benefits knowledge.

As for the address, all areas are different so i can't help with that one, i'm afraid.

You also don't need to the decision letter to request the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • salty1212334
    Ok poppy thanks for advise without what u told me I would have just agreed with timeframe he said. I also live in the midlands so I think it's wolverhampton ive had a quick look this morning 
  • Hannah_Scope
    Hannah_Scope Posts: 7,122 Disability Gamechanger
    @salty1212334 Please keep us updated. I am sorry to hear you were on the phone so long and passed around. I hope it goes smoother for you! 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • salty1212334
    edited October 2023
    I was told I would have 8 weeks to send evidence so I phoned PIP 20/9/2023 to make sure it was 8 weeks as I had a letter saying 4 weeks and they agreed. I have received a letter today dated 13/9/2023 saying no 0 points on all I sent my evidence on 24/9/2023 so they have not looked at extra evidence I sent. Can they make decision after 4 weeks and look again before 8 weeks if I phoned and said I was sending evidence I had no clue they made a decision when I phoned on the 24/9/2023 as the post was over 3 weeks old. I did post this before but was hard to understand

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.