Hi, my name is Brian4425! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Brian4425!

Options
Brian4425
Brian4425 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I have suffered with sciatica for over 20yrs, I've had multiple surgeries including lumbar fusion with a cage and six screws.
Unfortunately there is a lot of damage to my sciatic nerve and due to all of the surgeries I have a lot of scar tissue in my epidural space.
My sciatic pain is constant with constant buttock pain which stops me from sitting for any length of time, walking is difficult I have to use a walking stick, but when the pain is in both legs I'm stuck at a standstill until it subsides a little.
Apart from that I'm relatively healthy with no major issues, unfortunately I've not been able to work for approximately 5 yes now ......
I really miss working and loathe being stuck at home.

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Brian4425

Welcome to the community! :) 

I am so sorry you have been through so much with your sciatica. We have many members who have found it hard to not work and feel stuck at home. I hope you make friends here in the community and we can be a support for you :) 

We tend to play games, have debates and get to know each other in the Coffee Lounge if you'd like to join in? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.