LCWRA AWARD ā€” Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA AWARD

Options
debbie123
debbie123 Community member Posts: 4 Courageous
Hi I have been awarded LCWRA from the 28th of July 2023, I'm unclear as to when I will receive my first payment. I understand that there is a 91 day waiting period, is that from when I had been awarded, or from when I began sending in sick notes? Many thanks šŸ™

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,530 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It starts from when you reported your health condition, providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that and continued to send them without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA. The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods. It's then starts from the 4th month with payment at the end of that month.

When it's paid from will depend on the answer to these 2 questions. What date exactly did you report your health condition/send your first fit note?

What date exactly do you usually receive your money each month?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debbie123
    Options
    Hi and thanksĀ  :)Ā 
    My fit note was submitted and accepted on the 10th of May.
    My payments go into my account on the 8th of each month
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thanks. Then your waiting period will be June to September. LCWRA starts from 2nd Sept to 1st October and first LCWRA payment will be 8th October. No LCWRA element is owed.

If you or a partner were receiving earnings since you sent your first fit note and you didn't previously have the work allowance then you'll be owed some money from that. The work allowance will apply from the assessment period in which you sent your first fit note.. 2nd May to 1st June.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • debbie123
    Options
    Thank you, that is really helpful. It's all rather confusingĀ 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. Yes, i agree it is confusing.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congrats on being awarded LCWRA @debbie123 I bet you feel relieved after going through the process :)
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing?Ā Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback?Ā Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scopeā€™s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.