LCW — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.


GEMZY3333 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
Hi can anyone help me . I had a assessment last year via universal credit for a work assessment. It was put down for LCW for one year . Its past a year now and the situation hasn’t changed , I’m also now claiming PIP . The job centre called me 3 and a bit months ahi and said they would call me back in 3 months . I thought this was the 3 months waiting for LWCRA as if it’s still the same health conditions and they haven’t improved you can then automatically get put on to LWCRA from LWC, but it’s now been 3 months and two weeks and I still haven’t heard from the job centre . Has anyone got a idea of what might be happening ? 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,243 Disability Gamechanger
    Your thoughts are incorrect. You won't automatically be found to have LCWRA, even with a PIP award. Your LCW will continue until you're next reviewed and a new decision says otherwise.

    Review are still suspended for most people anyway. If you think you qualify for LCWRA then you can report a change of circumstances, then click "health condition" and report it through that. You will need to provide fit notes if you do that and you will then be referred for a work capability assessment. Once this is done you'll be sent UC50 forms to fill in and return with all your supporting evidence. Another assessment is most likely because most people have them.

    Before doing anything else you should have a look at the descriptors for LCWRA to see if any of them apply.

    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • GEMZY3333
    GEMZY3333 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Thanks poppy 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.