Pip telephone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip telephone assessment

Options
Tina12
Tina12 Community member Posts: 171 Pioneering
Hi all, getting so nervous as my telephone assessment is tomorrow morning..anyone else having their assessment soon ? 

Comments

• sophD9999
    sophD9999 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Hey, I had mine recently. It was very complex. Be prepared is the best advice. They asked a lot about my medical conditions, when they were diagnosed and who diagnosed them. They asked how each condition affects each of the descriptors and asked me the same thing is several different ways. There was no natural flow to the questions and my assessor asked a lot about walking, driving, working, hobbies and pets. Make sure you have a list of all your medicines and any side effects they cause and any medicines you can no longer take because of the side effects. I hope this helps. Good luck! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,243 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Is this your first PIP assessment? Or do i remember you having one previously to this? If you've had one before then the process is the same as last time. 

They will ask you questions about your health conditions and how they affect you. It's difficult to tell you exactly what they will ask because everyone is different.

Try not to answer the questions with just a yes or no and try to give as much detail as possible. It can last anywhere from 20 to 120 minutes, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tina12
    Options
    @sophD9999 thankyou so much for your reply, and in-depth I will take that on board I've got everything lad out on table evidence and more and sticks note everywhere lol..but in some order.all you can do is your best and hope for the rest..I can't tell you had all your stuff ready to but over two hours is terrifying..I wish the best for you and hope you hear  some good news soon as 🙏😊
  • Tina12
    Options
    Thankyou poppy as allways very informative..thankyou so much and yes I did it before but on video call..which was horrible...but moving on from that will just do my best tomorrow have all my evidence on table and how it effects me and so on ..and new evidence.. 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck today @Tina12!! <3 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.