Need some advice — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need some advice

kated23 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi there, just wanted some advice really.. so my mum and her husband own the house I live in which I’ve rented for many many years. 

My mum is wanting to gift the house to me which will be left to my children years down the road but I’m currently receiving benefits as I have 3 children and I’m a single mum. Will it affect anything going forward there is still a mortgage on the house so I will continue to pay to the rent.. I’m not in the position to work full time at the moment as my daughter has only just turned one. 
Thank you. 


  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,883 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 18
    Living in the house you own won’t be an issue in terms of benefit capital rules, if it’s gifted you will loose your housing element/benefit and be expected to pay the mortgage payment yourself.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.