Support group missed payments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support group missed payments

Options
Asc050505
Asc050505 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi there, 

My partner is in the esa support group and has been for about 10 years.  He also claims P.I.P.

The P.I.P sent a review letter,  we got an extension on the return date.  This is the only thing that has changed / happened.

After going overdrawn we noticed ESA  had failed to make payments after the ORIGINAL P.I.P review return date. 

We are so confused,  as our understanding is the two are not linked but ....

I have called but my partners details are protected, so have to wait for tomorrow for a call back. 

Anyone any idea why a support group payment would be stopped without notice? 

Thank you

Rebecca

Comments

• bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No one other than ESA can tell you this, as long as you have requested and been given an extension for the PIP form and it gets to them when it needs to then nothing will change and both payments will continue. ESA will send a faster-payment tomorrow when they phone you.
  • Asc050505
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.  I understand no one can give me specific reasons on my case.  My question was more of a general ' does anyone know reasons why this happens' not why it has happened to me. Hoping that other people's experience would calm my anxiety. Apologies for not being more specific.

Regarding ' ESA will send a faster payment tomorrow ' , are you saying P.I.P late return ( or assumed late return) can effect ESA? 

Thank you for your time and help
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Yes, a late return can affect payments. ESA won’t stop itself but their computer systems can sometimes stop payments when you start/stop claiming PIP and it needs to be manually put back in to payment. Some premiums your partner may get along with their ESA may stop also if the form isn’t returned in time.

I know it causes great anxiety but it’ll be nothing and a quick phone call tomorrow will sort it out.
  • Asc050505
    Options
    Thank you so much for the reply, info and reassurance. Really appreciated. 
  • PHILWILLIAMS
    PHILWILLIAMS Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    This also happened with me when I rang DWP it was all sorted out my payment was cancelled something to do with pip add on but one phone call and was all sorted 👍

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.