Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip Assessment

Options
zoet1
zoet1 Community member Posts: 70 Connected
edited August 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has claimed for pip( new claim )around may / June if anyone has had a assessment or got a assessment coming up yet and if so how long was the wait I know it’s different for everyone  thanks 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 12,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My OH put her renewal in 10 months ago now, seems to be as slow as ever

2024 Election won

• zoet1
    Options
    @woodbine I think the renewals are taking longer I did see online and I’ve seen a few people on here have been waiting a while for there renewals, I ment a new pip claim sorry for the confusion 
  • LWG
    LWG Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Options
    I appled for PIP on the 26th of May and had my assessment on the 14th of August. 
  • zoet1
    Options
    @LWG thank you hope you get the best outcome I’m just trying to figure out possibly how long mine will take anxiety all over the place I applied 30 may they didn’t receive my form until 27th July was it a telephone assessment by any chance 
  • LWG
    Options
    @zoet1 Hopefully you will hear from them soon, I can relate to the anxiety, I was terribly anxious beforehand and still am while I wait for a decision.

I had a video assessment, but the video call failed after about 13 minutes and then the guy phoned and continue the assessment that way. 

• zoet1
    Options
    @LWG yea I can imagine I’m sure the video didn’t help with the anxiety either oh I hope I don’t get a video call my anxiety is terrible don’t know if I could do it hopefully you will hear back quickly because this waiting definitely makes the anxiety worse 
  • LWG
    Options
    @zoet1 I've read on here that you can ask for the assessment type to be changed, so if you're given a video assessment just request a telephone one instead. I definitely felt more comfortable on the phone, but I was still super anxious. 
  • zoet1
    Options
    @LWG  oh really yeah I will see what they say and if so I will do it thank you 
  • Tina12
    Tina12 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    Options
    @zoet1..Hi good morning ...I had my telephone assessment last week on Friday 18th and I applied for pip end of April..and today well this morning I have been awarded pip ...Iam still in shock to be honest.. because bits been so stressful and more like we all go through,but please keep positive and know that you've done your best and you giving them all the information you could I will keep my fingers crossed for you 😊
  • zoet1
    Options
    @Tina12 aww that’s great news to hear Tina I’m so happy for you yes it’s a lot of stress and the waiting is the worst I feel like you just get forgotten about there is  no updates nothing which I truly feel there should be for reassurance just got a txt of ias on the same day the dwp received my form and that’s it nothing since so it’s making me very anxious as I’ve seen some people are getting quick assessments and some people are waiting months hopefully will hear something soon thank you so much 
  • Dandy1923
    Dandy1923 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Timeline for my P.I.P application so far
    (First time claim)

26/05/23
    Phone to apply for pip.

Form received three weeks later, filled with help of local C.A.B advisor and returned with supporting evidence.

05/07/23
    We have received your form text received.

06/08/23
    Appointment letter received from capita for video appointment on 08/08/23, had it changed to telephone assessment as had a hospital appointment for that day felt it would be too stressful.

10/08/23
    Letter received confirming new telephone assessment date for 22/08/23.

23/08/23
    Telephone assessment prompt @ 11.45am, lovely lady although a little abrupt at times, call lasted 1 hour 35 minutes.

• zoet1
    Options
    @Dandy1923 thank you for the update seems pretty quick , however just wondering where you said they received your form 05/06/2023 is that ment to be July ? I also got help with filling the form with cab as it was to overwhelming, 
    this is my time line atm 

30/05/2023 
    phoned to apply 

27/07/2023
    txt from dwp we have received my form
    27/07/2023 same day 
    txt from ias to let me know there managing my pip assessment  

nothing since 

Hope you will hear from them soon with some good news 
  • Dandy1923
    Dandy1923 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    Options
    @zoet1 my bad, you are correct (corrected) my fybro fog has been awful lately
  • zoet1
    Options
    @Dandy1923 no worries I’m the same at times , seemed pretty quick hope you get a decision soon I called ias today they said it goes by computer the computer assigns appointments for assessments said she couldn’t see nothing so far and they will be in touch when the have a appointment for me so just a waiting game now good luck 
  • roglin55
    roglin55 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    Options
    I applied 12th April 23
    Assesment 8th June 23
    Still awaiting decision
  • lillipeth
    lillipeth Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Options
    Applied 19th may 2023 
    awarded (paper based) 24th august 2023 no text messages throughout until the morning I was awarded saying they wanted to talk to me about my claim and were going to phone me. I think I’ve been lucky how quickly it was sorted out tbh 
  • zoet1
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @roglin55 oh wow pretty quick from applying to assessment I applied in may still no assessment but the wait for a decision is dragging I see I think its up to 12 weeks I have seen on here even though they say 8 weeks to most but hopefully you will hear sooner lets hope next week good luck 
  • zoet1
    Options
    @lillipeth yes does seem quick but at least it’s done now because the waiting is the worst hope everything goes well
  • Tina12
    Tina12 Community member Posts: 175 Pioneering
    Options
    @zoet1 thankyou so much 🙏🥰
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,410 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

@Tina12
    Aww well done getting your pip award, I’m so pleased for you as I remember you applying before, sorry if I’m wrong. 
    Anyway congratulations 🥳 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.