LCWRA and carer element UC — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA and carer element UC

honeyhoney Community member Posts: 81 Courageous
This is my first post so hello to everyone. 

My question: if I have been assigned to the LCWRA but not PIP yet, 
can my wife apply for the carer element she is workin part-time ?

We are both on join UC.


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,114 Disability Gamechanger
    For your wife to claim carers element for looking after you then you must have a daily living PIP award. She must look after you for at least 35 hours/week. 

    There's no earnings limit to carer element like there is with carers allowance. Therefore, if you're awarded daily living PIP she can claim it, regardless of how much earnings she receives.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • honeyhoney
    honeyhoney Community member Posts: 81 Courageous


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.