Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is Chronic! My PIP was stopped

Options
Chronic
Chronic Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2023 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Evening everyone, I am new hear and really worried.
Having returned my pip review form, they sent me a letter stating my pip was stopped 31 Aug as I hadnt returned the form in yime.
which , after making a call was cleared up as amistake on there end,
I got esa, now my payment is from jsa, £160 less.......
Does anyone know if this will be easy for us to sort out and get changed back to what it should be?
we were told earlier my pip will be payed as usual as the form was back in time, and hasnt even been looked at yet!
Because of there errror this has now changed my usual income from supportive esa to jsa!

Help anyone?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,131 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When your PIP incorrectly stopped, this would have caused your ESA to be suspended because the computer dedected that there was a change. 

The JSA next to the payment just means the payment was manually made instead. It doesn't mean you no longer claim ESA. Clearly someone from ESA noticed that it was suspended so made the payment but they didn't notice that it wasn't the correct payment. A mistake easiliy made. I'm assuming that your ESA usually includes the SDP because you live alone, or treated as living alone?

You'll need to ring ESA and tell them that you didn't receive the correct amount. They should then make a same day fast payment (usually) within 4 hours.

Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA), Income Support, Incapacity Benefit or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Telephone: 0800 169 0310
    Textphone: 0800 169 0314
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 169 0310
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer - find out how to use the service on mobile or tablet
    Welsh language: 0800 169 0207

Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
    Find out about call charges

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @chronic

Welcome to the community! :) I see Poppy has been able to answer your query. Please let us know how you get on after speaking to ESA. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.