Depression — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Depression

Options
life
life Community member Posts: 527 Pioneering
Depression hits me like a ton of bricks. Just when I think I'm doing OK, bang.

My dreams are better than the real world.

I've noticed the last few months my Depression getting worse. Was referred to the mental health team but that went nowhere because each time they call or set up an appointment I don't answer or turn up.

In a few days I should feel better for a day or two so just have to wait for that.

Anyway 👍

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,832 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning @life sorry to read that you are struggling at the moment. Have you spoke to your gp?   I find listening to music helps lift my mood or a walk in the country. Is there anything you find helps? 
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @life I would encourage you to speak to your GP. You can be referred to talking therapy appointments that are by video call if you think that would help?

Remember there are organisations like SHOUT who are a 24/7 mental health texting service. Just in case you want to talk to someone and it's the middle of the night. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.