IBPT — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

IBPT

Options
Bettahm
Bettahm Community member Posts: 1,439 Disability Gamechanger
I dont know what the initials stand for
They are mental health people
Does anyone have any experience of them
Are they any good?

Cmht seem to have discharged me without telling me after making my conditions worse through their lack of understanding and their 'one size fits all' mentality

Over five years I have struggled with worsening mental health and no one has done anything 

I am autistic with depression, bad anxiety, OCD and agoraphobia 

Also some physical health issues 

Comments

• surfygoose
    surfygoose Community member Posts: 437 Pioneering
    Options
    I found this online. Looks like they help people out in the community with their mental health.

“The Integrated Place Based Team (IPBT) is a mental health service for adults and older adults that offers support in the community. The team help people with Severe Mental Illness and people who are struggling with their mental health and/or have complex needs.“
  • Bettahm
    Options
    They sound like cmht then who were worse than useless
    Maybe someone will post if they've had experience with them later

Five years I've been shoved around or just left for ages
    I'm getting tired, frustrated and really angry
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Bettahm

I'm so sorry to hear that the CMHT discharged you. Did you speak to your GP about it? If you need support there are many organisations out there but you could also refer yourself. The NHS has talking therapies. Such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), counselling and much more. I had CBT for years. It helped me a lot when dealing with my Inflammatory Bowel Disease. I still go back for top ups when needed, but they give you tools to help yourself. 

I hope this helps and that the community can be a place of support for you :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Bettahm
    Options
    Hannah_scope
    Cbt does not work for me as I'm autistic 
    Five years I've been getting worse with mental health problems depression and SAD GAD agoraphobia and OCD 
    Cannot believe cmht can just kick out someone with problems and then not even tell them!!
    I am furious and pursuing it further
    I do not get on with my gp at all
    I cannot go there because of the agoraphobia 
    Gps have not got a clue how to make allowances for someone autistic struggling with me tal health.
    Transforming care are going to refer me to IPBT but they sound similar to cmht
    I'm tired of all this, frustrated and angry

• Bettahm
    Options
    Hello @Bettahm

I'm so sorry to hear that the CMHT discharged you. Did you speak to your GP about it? If you need support there are many organisations out there but you could also refer yourself. The NHS has talking therapies. Such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), counselling and much more. I had CBT for years. It helped me a lot when dealing with my Inflammatory Bowel Disease. I still go back for top ups when needed, but they give you tools to help yourself. 

Hello @Bettahm

• Bettahm
    Options
    I have left a reply under your post but just realize think I have been doing this wrong and people arent seeing my replies.
    Was wondering what was going wrong
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Oh so if you use the @ symbol and then type their username straight after it with no gap, it should tag them :) 

Sorry to hear it doesn't work for you. Can I ask, have you reached out to an Autism organisation like the National Autistic Society? They could help with supporting you. They may be able to signpost other forms of mental health support that they have found helped members of the Autism Community? 

With the talking therapies link I commented earlier. There are other forms not just CBT. But I know they can sometimes accommodate online sessions, to help with your agoraphobia. 

I think it is wrong they discharged you with no communication. I think letting your local MP know would be beneficial too. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Bettahm
    Options
    @Hannah_Scope
    I had not thought of contacting the national autistic society 
    I will do that
    Also to contact the local mp. That's a good idea too
    Thank you
    Dont think an NHS service like cmht should just be able to kick out people struggling for years with mh conditions, just abandon them, and not even tell them!!
    Its sickening
    Will tell the national autistic society too
    Thanks Hannah
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Options
    Please keep us updated :) 

I agree that they shouldn't just discharge you without a plan to where to go next let alone no communication! I hope your MP can help put a stop to it happening again. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.